It’s time for the 23nd annual Friends of the Library Creative Writing Contest!
Contents for 2016 Creative Writing Contest
- Short Story (fiction)
Limited to two entries in each category per person.
- Grades 3, 4, and 5
- Grades 6, 7, and 8
- High School
Short Story Length
- Grades 3 through 8: 1-4 pages, double-spaced.
- High School and Adult: 3-5 pages, typewritten, double-spaced.
- A minimum of 8 lines for all age groups
- Must include name, address, and telephone number and if student: age, grade, teacher’s name AND school attended. Also designate whether your entry is for the Short Story or Poetry category. DO NOT write your name on Poetry or Short Story pages. ONLY on the cover page.
- Will be awarded with certificate to winners in all categories (a total of 24 prizes!) as follows:
- $50 First Place
- $30 Second Place
- $20 Third Place
- Sunday, March 6, 2016
Mail or Deliver To
- Friends of the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 N. O’Plaine Road, Gurnee, IL 60031
- Selected by the Creative Writing Contest Committee; all decisions final
- Will be notified the week of March 28, 2016
- Award Ceremony will be held on Sunday, April 10, 2016 at 2:00pm in the Meeting Room at the Warren-Newport Public Library.
- Only original materials may be entered
- All materials may be used by the library for educational/informational purposes
- Winning entries will be on display at the library and may be placed on the library’s web site
- Photographs, audio, and/or video taping may take place at the awards ceremony
- Please, no graphic novels