For your convenience, the library offers the ability to fax, print, copy and scan documents. Information and fees are given below.
WNPL offers self-service public fax service. The cost for faxes within the U.S. and Canada is $1.00 per page. For international faxes, the cost is $2.00 per page. The fax machine does not accept incoming faxes.
The fax machine accepts dollar bills and coins only (no credit or debit cards).
The fax machine offers the following features:
- Email confirmation of documents sent. (e-mail address required)
- Email confirmation of document delivery (e-mail address required)
- Copies of all documents sent are attached to the confirmation email.
Please note the following about our printers.
- The library has four print release stations, one near the Adult Sit-Down Internet computers, one in the Computer Lab, one in the Youth Area and one in the Vault (teen area).
- Each print release station has both a color and a black and white printer.
- WNPL no longer uses a “printing card” system. Instead, users pay for copies by inserting money into a cash box. Black/white copies are $.15 per page; color copies are $.50 per page.
- All of our public computers are connected to all four print release stations.
- Your printout will not come out of the printer until you retrieve it by paying for it at a printing station. Your print job will be held for you for two hours.
- Only library provided paper can be used in WNPL printers & copiers.
To print a document from the library’s computers, please follow these instructions:
- Press the “print” button on your computer’s toolbar. Select either “black and white” or “color” (black and white is the default). Your print job will go to all four printing stations and may be retrieved at any one of them.
- Click “OK” to print. The computer will verify the number of pages and the cost of the print job.
- Go to any one of the four printing stations. Scan your library card or guest pass, or to key in your library card number manually, tap the rectangular box labelled “card/user” on the print station display, then use the keyboard that appears on the print station monitor. If you are on a computer in the computer lab, the system will generate an ID number for you to use to retrieve your print job.
- The print station will list your available print jobs. Tap on the jobs you would like to print, then click the “Print” button at the bottom of the screen.
- To pay with cash, put your money (coins or bills) in the cash box at the print release station. Your printouts will be released from the printer, and any change will be returned at the bottom of the cash box.
- WiFi printing is also available. To print from your wireless device, go to http://www.printeron.net/wnpl/webprint.
- The library has four color/black and white copy machines. Three copiers can be found in our Business Center near the front of the library. The fourth copier is located near the Quiet Reading Room, around the corner from Study Room 6.
- Black/white copies are $.15 per page; color copies are $.50 per page.
- The cash boxes next to each copier accepts coins and currency (up to $10 bills).
- To use the photocopiers, please follow these steps:
- Deposit enough money to cover the cost of a single copy (example: To make a black and white copy, you must insert at least $.15; for color copies, you must insert at least $.50). You may darken the copy, zoom in or out, or change any other preferences once you have deposited your money.
- Line up your original using the guides at the sides of the glass.
- Press “Start” to copy.
- Copies come out below the main copy window.
- Press the coin return button to retrieve any change due.
- The library’s one public scanner is located in the internet row area.
- There is no charge to scan a document and save it to a USB (flash) drive or to e-mail it to yourself or someone else. There is a $.15 cent charge for black and white and $.50 charge for color printouts from the scanner.
- To use the scanner, please follow the instructions on the touch-screen.