We’re Tops! In November 2011, and again in November 2012 and November 2013, the Chicago Tribune named the Warren-Newport Public Library one of the Top 100 Places to Work in the Chicagoland Area. Among small organizations in the Chicagoland area, WNPL scored in the top tier for conditions that make staff feel “genuinely appreciated,” “part of something meaningful,” and give staff “the flexibility I need to balance my work and personal life.” Over 1.4 millions items circulate annually to our population of 60,000 from a collection of 283,000, making us one of the busiest libraries in the state. A typical day sees 1500 visitors served by an award-winning team of customer-focused staff. Please note that to apply for any position at the Warren Newport Public Library, a current application for employment is required. You may download an application for employment or obtain one at the Checkout Desk.
Job Vacancy Notice - Security Supervisor
|Rate of Pay:||$17.70-$23.39/hour, Depending on Qualifications
|Immediate Supervisor:||Executive Director
|Hours:||Full-time 37.50 hours per week. Monday-Friday: 10:00a.m.-6:00p.m. Occasional nights and at least one weekend per month.
|Application Deadline:||Until Filled
- Previous experience in security law enforcement, or related fields for at least three (3) years.
- Associate's degree or two years of college or university work.
- Experience working with children, young adults and adults.
- Well developed oral/written communication skills. Fluency in Spanish a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with library automation and Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to analyze and resolve sensitive public relation matters and maintain confidentiality.
- No criminal convictions.
- Hires, supervises, evaluates, schedules and coordinates the day to day operations and ensures proper training and ongoing communication of the security team.
- Makes recommendations concerning public safety, security, staff security to the Executive Director.
- Coordinates safety and security training for library staff members.
- Interprets department procedure and policies for the security monitors.
- Coordinates/schedules fire, disaster, and violence drills throughout the year with the Executive Director; attends regional disaster drill training.
- Serves as safety and security liaison with police, fire and other local agencies.
- Regularly patrols all public areas and library grounds. Observes activities and notes potential problem areas.
- Enforces the library’s behavior policy. Advises Executive Director or person-in-charge regarding action taken.
- Communicates/documents serious or repeated violations of Standards of Public Conduct policy by individuals and other serious incidents or problems. Issues violation tickets and bans violators from library and attempts to get a photo of patron banned from the library. Maintains photo collection of banned patrons.
- Checks in registered meeting room users and assists with monitoring the use of and enforcing meeting room policy. Assists Facilities staff with meeting room setups.
- Performs emergency maintenance tasks (ex: snow removal, cleaning/replenishing products in restroom).
- Tidies public areas: return chairs to tables, place books on shelving carts, pick up litter, as time allows.
- Empties and secures the outside bookdrop at closing.
- Participates on library committees and project teams.
- Requires full-range of body motion including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to move a cart loaded with 100-lbs and lift materials up to 70-lbs.
|Applying for the Position:||Apply with a resume, three references and cover letter along with an Application for Employment to:
Warren-Newport Public Library District
224 N. O’Plaine Road
Gurnee, Illinois 60031
or you can email him at email@example.com. You may download the Employment Application or obtain an application from our Circulation Desk. No phone calls please.
Facilities Maintenance Technician
|Rate of Pay:||$13.22-$18.00 per hour, DOQ
|Immediate Supervisor:||Head of Technology and Facilities
|Available Hours:||Full time 37.5 hours per week
|Application Deadline:||Until filled.
- Four or more years related facility and maintenance experience.
- Two years of technical and/or mechanical training and education.
- Demonstrated proficiency with mechanical equipment and/or automation may be substituted for formal training.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills, including MS Word and Outlook.
- Proficiency at reading schematics and blueprints.
- Valid driver's license with excellent driving record
- Performs routine and scheduled general maintenance activities including but not limited to: light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, minor HVAC, carpentry, building and office door adjustments, electrical, plumbing, painting and grounds equipment.
- Performs daily general inspection of building, roofs, and grounds including but not limited to: common areas, restrooms, dumpster areas, etc. and responds to maintenance requests using issue tracking software.
- Responds to heating/air conditioning requests for offices conference rooms, and open areas.
- Monitors computerized HVAC management system and troubleshoots any immediate HVAC system issues.
- Performs cubicle reconfigurations, keyboard tray installs, and office furniture moves as requested.
- Drives library vehicle to and from remote book drops; loads and unloads materials; delivers returned materials to the circulation department.
- Responds to off-hour emergencies as needed.
- Sets up, arranges, and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, scaffolding wired and wireless microphones, and video projectors to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Loads/unloads supplies, moves heavy furniture and equipment using dollies handcarts or power equipment.
- Performs emergency cleaning tasks.
- Waters lawn, trees, shrubs and landscaping as needed.
- Removes snow and ice from dock pad and sidewalks; applies ice melting chemicals to same areas as required by weather conditions.
- Unloads, inspects, and stores or delivers incoming equipment and furnishings; assembles items when necessary; affixes appropriate inventory label and completes inventory form.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires full-range of body motion including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods of time; ability to bend, stoop, reach in tight space; shoveling, and climbing ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to move a cart loaded with 100 lbs. and lift materials up to 70 lbs.
|Applying for the Position:||An application for employment is required as well as your resume, three references, and cover letter to:
Head of Information Technology and Facilities
Warren-Newport Public Library
224 N. O'Plaine Road
Gurnee, IL 60031
No phone calls please.