Check to see if a Nook Simple touch is available to check out by clicking here.
1. What is the Nook collection?
The Nook is an e-reader pre-loaded with best-selling adult fiction and non-fiction. New titles will be added regularly and displayed in the online catalog.
2. How long can I check out a Nook?
Three (3) weeks.
3. Can I place a hold on a Nook?
Yes. The Nook can be placed on hold by Warren-Newport Public Library cardholders.
4. What if I’m not finished using the Nook in three weeks? Can I renew it?
The Nookcan be renewed if it is not on hold for other patrons.
5. How do I use the Nook?
Basic instructions will be included with Nook. You may need to charge it with the cable/power adapter, which is included.
6. Can I download titles for personal use?
No. Features for downloading or purchasing titles for personal use have been disabled.
7. Can anyone check out a Nook?
Anyone with a valid library card can check out a Nook as long as their card is registered at WNPL.
8. What is the fine if I do not return the Nook on time?
One dollar ($1.00) per day.
9. How many Nooks can I check out?
10. Where do I check out and return the Nook?
Bring the display box to the checkout desk. The library staff will check out the NOOK and accessories to your library account. The Nook must be returned to the checkout desk. Nooks cannot be checked out and returned on the Bookmobile, only at the main library.