Warren-Newport Public Library has laptops available to library patrons who are at least 18 years of age. These devices are provided according to availability and are intended for In-Library Use only. All WNPL laptops must remain in the library at all times. Failure to comply will be considered theft and reported to the police for prosecution. Patrons who check out a laptop agree to the following:
- Patrons wishing to check out a laptop must submit their own current Warren-Newport Public Library card (in good standing per Fines and Fees Policy 3023) and a valid Illinois Driver’s License or Illinois State-issued photo ID. The photo ID will be held by WNPL staff during the duration of the laptop checkout.
- Patrons are subject to Warren-Newport Public Library’s Library Board policies Technology Use by the Public (3065) and Standards of Public Conduct (3060). Any violation of these policies may result in revocation of library privileges.
- Under no circumstances may a patron use another person’s library card.
- The laptop can be checked out for 2.5 consecutive hours and cannot be renewed. The checkout time begins when the laptop leaves the desk from which it was borrowed. The laptop must be returned to a staff member at the desk from which it was checked out (Adult Services or Youth Services) by the time due, or at least 30 minutes before the library closes, whichever comes first.
- No laptops can be checked out 30 minutes prior to library closing. WNPL reserves the right to reclaim a laptop that is not returned by the 2.5 hour checkout period.
- Staff cannot guarantee that laptops will be fully charged upon checkout.
- Tampering with laptop hardware and software is prohibited.
- Any issue with the laptop, such as damage, theft or malfunction should be reported to the Adult Services/Youth Services desk immediately.
- The laptop will be inspected for damage/condition upon return.
- The Warren-Newport Public Library Security Department will investigate any loss of any laptop or any missing components.
- Headphones or earbuds must be worn if sound enabled resources are used. Earbuds are available for purchase at the Checkout Desk.
- The library is not responsible for damage to any storage device, any loss of data, damage, or liability that may occur from use of these devices or malfunctioning library hardware or software.
- Special PRIVACY ALERT: The Library disclaims all liability for loss of confidential information or damages resulting from loss, and accepts no responsibility for breach of privacy. If you log in to any service, please be certain to log out. Otherwise, your privacy could be at risk. Any documents saved on the laptop will be lost immediately upon the return of the computer. Any data you wish to save should be saved to your personal storage device, e-mail or printed.
Last updated: August 24, 2016