Access these resources with your WNPL library card!
Lynda – An online learning service that offers over 3,000 video tutorials in technology, business and creative skills.
Mango Languages – Learn a new language!
Teaching Books – Supplement lessons with a resource that adds a multimedia dimension to the reading experiences of children’s and young adult books.
Thinking about life after high school? Find the right school, prepare for entrance exams and search for financial aid.
ACT/SAT Test Prep – Get a feel for the questions and experience exam-like conditions before taking the real test! Head here to see when upcoming test prep events are and how to register.
Gale Courses – Gale offers the courses SAT/ACT Test Prep 1 (reading, writing, English & science) & SAT/ACT Test Prep 2 (math). Each course is instructor-led and lasts 6 weeks–two lessons are made available each week.
Tutor.com – If you need help factoring a polynomial after school, you can connect to an algebra tutor. If you need help balancing a chemical equation, you can work with a chemistry tutor. This online service is available from 3:00-11:00pm daily; you never need an appointment.
- The Princeton Review College Guide – Find the college that’s right for you!
- US News and World Report: Colleges – The U.S. News and World Report publishes a list of top ranking colleges of different types and in various areas of study.
- The College Board – The college board offers a number of resources for students planning for college, including a college search, financial and scholarship information, and test prep resources.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- The Illinois Student Assistance Commission – the ISAC helps provide financial assistance to students in Illinois in order to pay for college.
- Federal Aid – FAFSA provides financial aid to many students to help pay for college.
- College Board Scholarship Search – Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion.
At the library? Check out our college planning resources in the adult non-fiction and teen non-fiction sections.