Access these resources with your WNPL library card!
Britannica Online: Young Adults – Explore articles, images and videos, and biographies.
LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com) – An online learning service that offers over 17,000 video tutorials in technology, business and creative skills.
Creativebug – Creativebug is an online learning platform completely dedicated to arts & crafts courses, taught by expert crafters. Access is available with a valid WNPL library card, and there are plenty of patterns, templates, and recipes available to download and keep.
Mango Languages – Learn a new language!
Thinking about life after high school? Find the right school, prepare for entrance exams and search for financial aid.
ACT/SAT Test Prep – Get a feel for the questions and experience exam-like conditions before taking the real test! Head here to see when upcoming test prep events are and how to register.
Gale Courses – Gale offers the courses SAT/ACT Test Prep 1 (reading, writing, English & science) & SAT/ACT Test Prep 2 (math). Each course is instructor-led and lasts 6 weeks–two lessons are made available each week.
Tutor.com – If you need help factoring a polynomial after school, you can connect to an algebra tutor. If you need help balancing a chemical equation, you can work with a chemistry tutor. This online service is available from 3:00-11:00pm daily; you never need an appointment.
- The Princeton Review College Guide – Find the college that’s right for you!
- US News and World Report: Colleges – The U.S. News and World Report publishes a list of top ranking colleges of different types and in various areas of study.
- The College Board – The college board offers a number of resources for students planning for college, including a college search, financial and scholarship information, and test prep resources.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
- The Illinois Student Assistance Commission – the ISAC helps provide financial assistance to students in Illinois in order to pay for college.
- Federal Aid – FAFSA provides financial aid to many students to help pay for college.
- College Board Scholarship Search – Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion.
At the library? Check out our college planning resources in the adult non-fiction and teen non-fiction sections.