Please visit our Computer Tutor to learn more about computers!
The Computer Tutor provides one-on-one computer assistance on a first-come, first-served basis. For additional information, please check our online calendar.
Individual Computer Assistance: Are you working on a project and need some computer help? Make an appointment with our Adult Services staff for a half-hour of individual computer instruction in our lab. We can help you navigate the library’s online resources and teach you how to use Microsoft Office, Internet resources, email, and more. Appointments are limited to 30 minutes per person, per week on selected dates. For more information, or to make an appointment, please call Adult Services at 847-244-5150, press 4.
Here are the Computer Tutor’s handy guides that will help you become familiar with basic computer usage. These guides are available in PDF format only (Adobe Acrobat required). All links open in new windows:
- Apps at Your Library
- Basic Computers for Windows 2007
- Basic E-mail for Windows 2007
- Basic PowerPoint for Windows 2010
- Basic Word for Windows en español 2010
- Basic Word for Windows 2010
- Cloud for Free
- Internet for Windows 2007
- Job Searching
- Lake County Job Center Jobs Packet 1
- Lake County Job Center Jobs Packet 2
- Spanish Language Computer Classes
- Teach Yourself Just About Anything
- Ten Ways to Excel with Excel 2010