The Computer Tutor provides one-on-one computer assistance on a first-come, first-served basis. For additional information, please check our online calendar.
If you are working on a project or prefer individual computer help, make an appointment with our Adult Services staff for Individual Computer Assistance. Each session is held in our computer lab for 30 minutes. We can help you navigate the library’s online resources and teach you how to use Microsoft Office, Internet resources, email and more. For more information, please call Adult Services at 847-244-5150, press 4.
Here are the Computer Tutor’s handy guides that will help you become familiar with basic computer usage. These guides are available in PDF format only.
- Apps at Your Library
- Basic Computers for Windows 2007
- Basic E-mail for Windows 2007
- Basic PowerPoint for Windows 2010
- Basic Word for Windows en español 2010
- Basic Word for Windows 2010
- Cloud for Free
- Cut the Cord: Streaming Premium Television Without Cable or Satellite Service
- Cut the Cord: Major Audio & Video Apps Available on Streaming Devices
- Internet for Windows 2007
- Job Searching
- Spanish Language Computer Classes
- Teach Yourself Just About Anything
- Ten Ways to Excel with Excel 2010