RB Digital provides full-text digital access to a wide collection of magazines, including such popular titles as Chicago Magazine, Martha Stewart Living, Us Weekly, Rolling Stone, and The Economist.
Signing Up for an Account
To start reading a magazine, you will need to sign up for an account (if you already created an account, just sign in with your current username and password):
- Go to WNPL’s RB Digital Magazines page.
- Select Create New Account, in the top right-hand corner.
- Enter your Library Card Number. Then you will be asked to enter your first and last name and your email address, and to create a password (your password must be at least 7 characters and include both letters and numbers).
- Find out more information about downloading the RB Digital app to use digital magazines on your mobile device here.
Checking Out Magazines
As soon as you’ve set up your account you can browse the collection and check out magazines right away.
You can search for titles in the search box above the titles, filter the list by a particular genre or browse the alphabetically arranged magazine covers.
To check out a magazine, select the check out icon below the magazine cover on the right. Clicking directly on the magazine cover will bring you to a description page, where you can also select Check Out to add the magazine to your personal collection. Once you’ve checked out a magazine, you can choose to keep browsing or select “Start Reading” to begin reading your magazine in your browser immediately (please be patient while the magazine loads, especially if you are using a slower Internet connection).
You can set up notifications to be sent to your email address when a new issue of your favorite magazine becomes available online. You can do this either by checking “Email me when the next issue is available” when first checking out a magazine to your collection or by selecting individual magazines in the My Preferences section.
- Click the account icon in the top right-hand corner of the site and select My Preferences.
- In the New Issue Notification section, scroll down the options and click the plus sign to add a magazine to your email notification list. (Some of the magazines in this list are no longer available because of unrenewed subscriptions. Please reference the RB Digital Magazine Collection to see the titles we do currently subscribe to.)
- Click Update when finished selecting your favorite magazines.
Need more help? Please contact a member of our Adult Services staff.