Policy Adopted Dec. 8, 1981; Last Revision: Feb. 18, 2014
All fines and fees may be paid by cash, check or credit card (Visa or Mastercard). The library does not accept $100 bills.
Contents for Fines and Fees
- 1 Article 1. Overdue Materials Fines
- 2 Article 2. Fees for Replacement and Repair of Materials
- 3 Article 3: Fees for Library Cards
- 4 Article 4: Fees for Copying
- 5 Article 5: Fees for Using the Public Fax Machine
- 6 Article 6: Delinquent Patron Status
- 7 Article 7: Claims Returned
- 8 Article 8: Fees for Recovery and Collection Services
- 9 Article 9: Fee for Returned Check
- 10 Article 10: Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Fees
- 11 Article 11: Exceptions and Appeals
Article 1. Overdue Materials Fines
Section 1.01 Fines
- Adult Feature film DVDs, juvenile fiction DVDs, and television series DVDs – $1.00 per day
- Video games – $1.00 per day
- Browsing Collection items (Hot Picks and Hot Flicks) – $1.00 per day
- Ereaders – $1.00 per day
- PlayAway Views – $1.00 per day
- All other print and AV material – $.20 per day
Fines are not charged on days the library is closed. The maximum fine per item is $10.00. Items circulated on the bookmobile are not subject to overdue fines.
1.02 Exemptions from Fines
Warren-Newport Public Library District (WNPLD) volunteers and staff are exempt from fines. Cardholders classified as seniors prior to April 17, 2012 remain exempt from fines.
Article 2. Fees for Replacement and Repair of Materials
Section 2.01 Damaged or Lost Items
The charge for a lost or badly damaged item will be the replacement cost plus a $5.00 processing fee. The replacement cost of library materials is obtained from the bibliographic record. If the price of the item cannot be determined from the bibliographic record or Books in Print, an average replacement cost for the lost or overdue item will be determined by the library staff. If the staff cannot determine the average replacement cost, a flat replacement cost of $15 will be charged.
Section 2.02 Refunds
Refunds will be granted for the cost of the item if it is returned in good condition within six (6) months of the billing date. A refund check will be mailed from the WNPLD Administrative Office within four to six weeks. WNPLD staff will not make refunds in the library.
Section 2.03 Replacement Charges
- Lost audio kit bag – $2.00
- Audiovisual cases- $2.00
- Missing or torn RFID tag – $2.00
- Torn cover of page – $2.00
- Lost DVD case – $2.00
- DVD and CD inserts -$2.00
- Audio book (per disc) – $10.00
- Digital media included with a book – $10.00 per item
- PlayAway View Adapter – $15.00
- Nook Simple Touch Charging Cable – $10.00
- Nook Simple Touch Power Adapter – $10.00
- Nook Simple Touch Carbon Cover – $18.00
- Nook Stashel (carrying bag) – $48.00
Replacement charges are non-refundable.
Section 2.04 Long Overdue Items
When an item is overdue more than six (6) months, the replacement cost plus a $5.00 processing fee will be billed to the patron’s account and the item’s record will be updated to show that the item has been withdrawn from the collection.
Article 3: Fees for Library Cards
- Library card for new patrons – No charge
- Replacement of lost or damaged library card – $1.00 per card
Article 4: Fees for Copying
- Photocopies, computer printouts – $0.15 per page
- Color photocopies – $0.50 per page
Article 5: Fees for Using the Public Fax Machine
Fees for using the public fax machine are sent by the fax machine vendor and are subject to change.
Article 6: Delinquent Patron Status
A patron is considered delinquent when any of the following conditions exist. A patron who is delinquent may not check out any additional materials.
- Number of overdue items – Ten (10)
- Overdue fine amount – $10.00
- Total number of items checked out – Fifty (50)
Article 7: Claims Returned
The library will accept a patron’s claim that materials have been returned for up to three (3) items. On the fourth and all subsequent times that a patron claims an item has been returned, the patron shall be liable for the cost of replacement of the item. All items claimed returned will remained noted on the patron’s record for as long as the patron is registered with the library district. No item can be claimed returned after it is billed and assumed lost.
Article 8: Fees for Recovery and Collection Services
- Submission of overdue/missing materials to materials recovery service – $10.00 per submission
Collection agency fees are non-refundable.
Article 9: Fee for Returned Check
- Fee for check returned from the bank – Fee charged by bank
Article 10: Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Fees
- ILL items received at WNPL but not picked up by patron – $5.00 per item
- ILL fee charged to WNPLD by lending library – Amount charged by lending library
Article 11: Exceptions and Appeals
Patrons may appeal charges to their accounts. Circulation staff members are granted authority to waive minor fine amounts within established department practices. Appeals of substantial fines or fees must be directed to the circulation supervisor or designee. Substantial fee waivers granted by the library will be documented in the patron record. Excessive waiver requests will be referred to the library director for review.