Join the WNPL team! A typical day sees 1500 visitors served by an award-winning team of customer-focused staff. Over one million items circulate annually to a population of 67,000 from a collection of 272,000, making WNPL one of the busiest libraries in the state.
Please note that to apply for any position at the Warren Newport Public Library, a current application for employment is required. You may download an application for employment or obtain one at the Circulation Desk.
Job Vacancy Notice - Facilities Maintenance Technician I
|Rate of Pay:||$13.22-$22.14 per hour DOQ
|Immediate Supervisor:||Head of Technology and Facilities
|Available Hours:||Full time 37.5 hours per week: Tues.-Thurs.1:00pm-9:00pm; Fri. 8:00am-4:00pm; Sat. 8:00am-4:00pm.
|Application Deadline:||Until filled.
- Two or more years related facility and maintenance experience
- Two years technical and/or mechanical training and education
- Demonstrated proficiency with mechanical equipment and/or automation may be substituted for formal training
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency at reading schematics and blueprints.
- Valid driver's license with excellent driving record.
- Performs routine and scheduled general maintenance activities including but not limited to light bulb replacement, ceiling tile replacement, minor HVAC, carpentry, building and office door adjustments, electrical, plumbing, painting and grounds equipment.
- Performs general inspections of building, roofs, grounds including but not limited to common areas, restrooms, dumpster areas, etc., and responds to maintenance requests using issue tracking software.
- Monitors computerized HVAC management system and troubleshoots immediate HVAC issues.
- Sets up, arranges and removes decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, scaffolding, wired and wireless microphones, and video projectors to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Responds to heating/air conditioning requests for offices, conference rooms, and open areas.
- Monitors computerized HVAC management system and troubleshoots any immediate HVAC system issues.
- Contacts contracted service providers for service when needed
- Responds to off-hours emergencies as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires full-range of body motion including standing, sitting, or walking for extended periods of time.
- Requires bending, stooping, reaching in tight spaces, shoveling, and climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to move a cart loaded with 100 lbs. and lift materials up to 70 lbs.
|Applying for the Position:||Apply with a resume,three references and cover letter, along with an Application for Employment to:
Head of Information Technology and Facilities
Warren-Newport Public Library
224 N. O'Plaine Road
Gurnee, IL 60031
You may download the Employment Application from our website or obtain one from our Circulation Desk.
No phone calls, please.