Facilities: The Warren-Newport Public Library currently has six study rooms that are available during normal library hours for individual or small group use for study, projects or meetings:
- Study Room 1 (maximum of 6 people)
- Study Room 2 (maximum of 6 people)
- Study Room 3 (maximum of 10 people)
- Study Room 4 (maximum of 1 person)
- Study Room 5 (maximum of 3 people)
- Study Room 6 (maximum of 10 people)
Reservations: Study rooms may be reserved at the Adult Services Desk by phone (847-244-5150; select 4 at the opening menu) or in person by an individual or a representative of a group up to one month in advance. Advance reservations are recommended, however, walk-in requests will be honored depending on room availability. Any individual or group are limited to one (1) room for two (2) consecutive hours per day. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes past the reservation time before the room is released to another user.
Guidelines for Use:
- Individuals or group representatives must check in at the Adult Services Desk to use a study room.
- No food is permitted in the study rooms. Beverages in covered containers are allowed.
- Rooms must be left in clean condition.
- Windows in rooms may not be covered at any time.
- Room capacities must be observed.
- No furniture may be moved in or out of the rooms.
- A room may be resassigned if it is left unattended for more than fifteen (15) minutes.
- The library reserves the right to remove unattended belongings.
- Rooms must be vacated fifteen minutes before library closing.
- Study rooms will be monitored; library staff have the authority to expel individuals violating the library’s Policy 3060 Standards of Public Conduct.
- Misuse of study rooms and rules governing use or damage to study rooms may result in loss of library privileges, as defined in the library’s Policy 3060 Standards of Public Conduct.
- WNPLD assumes no responsibility for unattended personal belongings.