All residents of the Warren-Newport Public Library District are eligible for a library card. You may apply for a library card at the Checkout Desk or online. WNPL library cards are issued free of charge to Warren-Newport Public Library District residents only, and are good for three years.
When applying online, you can receive a WNPL card number within 24-48 hours to get access to wonderful learning, reading and entertainment resources we offer!
To sign up in person:
1. Bring a photo ID and recent proof of your current address (for example, official mail or a bill dated within the last 90 days) to the main library.
2. Check out items the same day!
To sign up online:
- Complete the online form and receive your temporary library card number within 24-48 hours.
- After receiving your WNPL card number, you will have immediate access to the library catalog to place holds, and enjoy our wealth of digital resources.
- When you’re ready, bring a photo ID and recent proof of your current address (ex. official mail or a bill dated within the last 90 days) to the main library and receive your permanent library card! Permanent WNPL cards are valid for three years.