Warren-Newport Public Library provides text message notification service through Shoutbomb. By using the library’s Shoutbomb text messaging service, you can use your mobile phone to receive text notices about:
- Available holds
- Items coming due soon
- Overdue items
- Renewable items (Shoutbomb will also let you renew eligible items from your phone)
What you need to know
- To get started you will need your mobile phone, your 14-digit library card number, and the PIN (your default PIN is the last seven digits of your phone number) for your library account.
- The library does not charge a fee for this service, but your mobile plan’s regular text-messaging rates apply.
- If you don’t know your PIN, contact the library to have your PIN reset.
- You can opt out anytime you wish. You can add or remove library cards whenever you wish.
How to sign up
- Create a new contact and add the Shoutbomb phone number: (847) 613-4322. Give the contact a name that is easy to remember.
- Text SIGNUP to (847) 613-4322.
- Reply to the messages from Shoutbomb. They will ask you for your library card number (no spaces) and PIN (try the last seven digits of your phone number).
Additional Shoutbomb commands
Send commands to (847) 613-4322.
- SIGNUP – The initial startup command.
- QUIT – To opt out of Shoutbomb.
- ADDCARD – To add an additional library card to your Shoutbomb registration.
- MYCARDS – To view all cards linked to your phone.
- DROPCARD – To remove a library card from your Shoutbomb registration.
- ADDEMAIL – To share your email or update the existing record with us. (This information will not be shared with anyone).
- IOWEU – To request the current fines/fees linked to each library card registered with Shoutbomb.
- SWITCHPHONE – To update your phone number or carrier.
- HELP – Text the word help and the command you need help with to receive detailed instructions. For example, “HELP DROPCARD” OR “HELP NOTICES”, FEES, HOLDS, OVERDUE, RENEW – These separate commands act as toggle switches. If set to on you will receive that particular notice. By default, fee notices are not turned on.
- NOTICES – Which types of notices you are receiving and those you aren’t.
- RESEND – To have Shoutbomb resend the last message they have on file.
- HL – To receive a list of holds that are ready for pickup.
- RA – To renew all eligible items.
- RI – To receive a list of items that are coming due, but cannot be renewed.
- RL – To receive a list of items you can renew.
- OA – To renewal all eligible overdue materials
- OI – To receive a list of overdue items that cannot be renewed.
- OL – To receive a list of overdue items you can renew.