Warren-Newport Public Library District
Board of Trustees
Committee Report Form
Committee: Art Acquisition
Date and Location of Meeting: January 5, 2015 - McCullough Board Room, called to order at 6:06 pm.
Adjourned at 7:00 pm.
Members Attending: Trustees Andrea Farr Capizzi & Jo Beckwith, Executive Director Ryan Livergood,
Jan Marsh, Linda McCarthy
Others participating: Trustee Ron Friedman
Others attending: Trustee Bob Diehl
Summary of Meeting:
1. Executive Ryan Livergood was welcomed to the Committee.
2. Committee presented its history, qualifications of its members, and its past accomplishments to
3. Ryan expressed his pleasure at being a member of the Committee and his experience with art
acquisition and appreciation for the arts.
4. Ideas developed in past meetings were presented to Ryan. Art for areas such as the Coco's Cove
and the point must be done in concert with future plans for the spaces and the strategic plan was
mentioned by Ryan.
5. Plans for the next 12 months were discussed including what the Committee could do with a zero
budget in the current fiscal year.
. Bringing different members of the local art community together
. Possibly more student exhibits
. Enhanced program for current student exhibit
Jan presented a handout showing images of art pieces not currently on display and the need to
determine procedures for:
. Accepting donations
. Decommissioning art
. Selecting items not currently on public display for display in administrative offices.
6. Offerings from two individuals were briefly discussed. Committee decided to postpone
acceptance of these offerings until it develop procedures for accepting donations and it has a
better description of exactly what pieces are being offered.
7. Committee decided to concentrate its work for the next five months on:
. Developing procedures for accepting donations, decommissioning art, display of existing
pieces in the administration offices
. Review and possible acceptance of offered donations
. Developing relationships with art community
. Discussing additional student displays or events
8. The next Art Committee meeting will be Monday, March 2, 2015 at 6:00 pm.
9. Meeting adjourned by unanimous vote.
Recommendation for Board Action, if any (state in the form of a motion[s]):
Andrea Farr Capizzi
Art Committee Chair