Join the WNPL team! A typical day sees 1500 visitors served by an award-winning team of customer-focused staff. Over one million items circulate annually to a population of 67,000 from a collection of 272,000, making WNPL one of the busiest libraries in the state.
Please note that to apply for any of our job openings at the Warren-Newport Public Library, a current application for employment is required. You may download an application for employment or obtain one at the Circulation Desk.
Warren-Newport Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Outreach Services Associate - Part Time
|Job Title:||Outreach Services Associate
|Application Deadline:||Until filled.
|Hours:||Position averages 15 hours per week: Tuesday and Thursday 2:00PM-8:30PM; One Saturday every 5 weeks 8:00AM-3:00PM.
|Do you enjoy working with people of all ages who really appreciate what you do? The Outreach Services Associate position is a variety filled, exciting position with rarely a dull moment. As an Outreach Associate, you will work with friendly staff on the library bookmobile, where new ideas reign and giving great service rules. Flexibility a plus, with a willingness to cover additional schedules and routes.
- Associates degree or two years of college or university work.
- Two years of library related experience.
- Ability to obtain a Class C driver’s license (within 90 days of hire date). Clean driving record, excellent driving ability.
- Familiarity with library automation and Microsoft Office products.
- Good oral communication skills and experience in working with all age groups.
- • Requires full-range of body motion including bending, stooping; ability to push a 100-lb wheeled cart; ability to lift boxes and bags weighing up to 40lbs. Ability to walk up and down stairs, and to work in a confined space.
- Drives bookmobile on established routes and for special occasions, e.g. local parades.
- Assists Outreach users in the selection, organization, and interpretation of library materials.
- Answers reference questions, author/title inquiries as appropriate.
- Checks in, out, and renews materials as well as reshelves and rotates materials and shelf reads bookmobile collection
- Issues library cards according to library policy.
- Places holds and delivers reserved materials to patrons.
- Maintains and updates bookmobile stop statistics and desk activities.
- Implements the library's summer reading program on the bookmobile.
- Assists with homebound deliveries as assigned by department head.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
|Applying for the Position:||To apply for any position at the Warren-Newport Public Library District, an Application for Employment is required. You may download the application from our website or obtain one at the Circulation Desk and submit to:
Angela Clarke, Head of Outreach Services,
Warren-Newport Public Library District,
224 N. O’Plaine Road
Gurnee, IL 60031
No phone calls or in-person inquiries
|Job Title||Graphic Artist
|Hours:||Full-Time 37.50 hours; includes daytime, evening and occasional weekend hours.
|Salary::||$ 20.00 per hour
|Warren-Newport Public Library is seeking an experienced, creative, and flexible Graphic Artist to join our busy Administration/Communications Department.
- Designs and creates logos, posters, signs, flyers, brochures and other printed and digital promotional materials that generate a positive public appeal to the library. Write basic promotional copy.
- Assists in the layout, design and production of the library newsletter under the direction of the Head of Communications.
- Assists in implementing library displays and bulletin boards.
- Produces quality photographs of library events and programs, staff and visitors and documents building changes/upgrades.
- Assists staff in other departments with promotional ideas for library programs and special events.
- Formulates bid specifications for the purchase of outside printing and production of printed and promotional materials and negotiates with vendors.
- Provides library wide decoration and interior design support.
- Coordinates duplicating and collating materials, utilizing volunteers whenever possible.
- Assists in maintaining department supplies inventory.
- Completes special projects within the department.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years’ experience in graphic design.
- Able to write basic promotional copy.
- Effectively communicate in English, both orally and written. Bilingual a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use desktop publishing, photo video editing, and related software including Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere, iMovie, Illustrator, Acrobat and Spark
- Familiar with social media and content management systems, such as WordPress.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and a working knowledge of office equipment.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment while working independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Basic knowledge of pre-press production.
- Knowledge of SLR digital photography and videography.
- Portfolio of original work required; online portfolio preferred.
|Applying for the Position:||You may download an application for employment or you can obtain an application at the Circulation Desk. Please submit the application, resume, and online portfolio to Sandy Beda at email@example.com or mail to:|
Head of Communications
Warren-Newport Public Library
224 N. O'Plaine Road
Gurnee, IL 60031
No phone calls or in person inquiries please.