The Museum Adventure Pass program provides free admission to unique cultural destinations throughout the Chicago area to library card holders at over 140 suburban public libraries, including the Warren-Newport Public Library (WNPL). This special opportunity is made possible by a generous contribution from the WNPL Friends of the Library and the participating cultural organizations.
Here’s how it works:
- Use your WNPL library card to receive a Museum Adventure Pass! Libraries have a limited number of passes for each participating organization. Passes are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. WNPL patrons can request a Museum Adventure pass using this link.
- One Museum Adventure pass may be checked out per family, per loan period. The loan period is seven days. Admission offers vary per museum. For some, two to four people may admitted free per pass. If admission is already free, another special discount will be available. Details can be found at http://www.museumadventure.org.
- Passes are limited to general admission. Each organization’s page at http://www.museumadventure.org gives specific dates when passes cannot be used, and other restrictions that may apply.
- Please bring a driver’s license or state ID with you when visiting a museum using an adventure pass, as well as the pass itself.
Participating museums and cultural institutions include:
- Air Classic Inc. Museum of Aviation
- Aurora Regional Fire Museum
- Bronzeville Children’s Museum
- Brookfield Zoo (Chicago Zoological Society)
- Cantigny Park
- Cernan Earth and Space Center at Triton College
- Chicago Botanic Garden
- Elgin History Museum
- Elgin Public Museum
- Illinois Railway Museum
- Kidswork Children’s Museum
- Legoland Discovery Museum
- Lizzadro Museum of Lapidary Art
- Mitchell Museum of the American Indian
- Naper Settlement
- Oriental Institute Museum
- Pleasant Home Foundation
- St. Charles Heritage Museum
- The Children’s Museum in Oak Lawn
For further information, please visit the Museum Pass Adventure program’s web site.