This service allows you to save time and register on-line as a new patron of our library and receive a temporary library card number until you come into the library. Online library card registration is for Warren-Newport Public Library District residents only (see above district boundaries). If you do not reside within the district you must register your home library card in person at the library.
Please follow these steps to register:
- Complete this online application and submit.
- Once the form is submitted, your information will be in our system and you will receive an email with a temporary barcode number. This number will allow you to place five holds on library materials at WNPL.
- Within 14 days you must bring your photo I.D. (Illinois driver’s license, a state ID card, military ID card, or a passport) and two forms of identification with your current street address information to the main library or Bookmobile. If you have not come in during that time period, your registration will be deleted from the system.
- Once acceptable forms of identification have been presented, you will receive your permanent library card.
- If you are under the age of 18, your application is not complete until you bring a parent or legal guardian with you to pick up your library card.
- Applicants will have access to internet computers when their permanent library card has been validated.
- An applicant must be present in order to pick up library card.
- If you have had a Warren-Newport Public Library card within the last three years, want to renew an existing card, or need to replace a lost card, do not complete this form. Please visit the checkout desk for assistance.
Your account will be temporarily activated once we send your barcode to you. Please wait until you receive your barcode via e-mail before coming to pick up your card.