Preschools and childcare centers within the Warren-Newport Public Library District are eligible to receive Early Learning Services through the Mobile Services Department.
Available services include:
· Early Literacy Visits: Regularly scheduled, monthly visits to your school. During these visits, a library staff member will present an interactive, skills-based, 30-minute storytime for students in 3- and 4-year-old classrooms. A deposit collection will be dropped off in conjunction with these visits.
· Book Deposit Collection: A collection of 50 items with a wide range of topics we think your students would enjoy. A deposit collection is maintained by library staff, meaning library staff will come to your school to exchange the deposit collection each month.
· Classroom Bundles: A selection of 15 items on a specified subject. Please remember that certain topics are seasonal and may have limited resources at certain times of the year. A classroom representative is responsible for picking up materials from and returning them to the library. Make your request here!
· Institute Accounts: WNPL offers Institute Accounts which enable staff at preschools and childcare centers within the library’s district to check out items and utilize the library’s digital resources for their students without using a personal account.
· Library Tours: WNPL offers in-person, behind-the-scenes tours of the library.
If you are interested in receiving Early Learning Services, please contact the Mobile Services Department by filling out the form below or calling 847-244-5150, ext. 3014. We look forward to getting to know your students and bringing the library to you!
Would you like WNPL to join your open house or special event? We would love to visit! Please complete the Outreach Event Application and a staff member will contact you soon.