Preschools and childcare centers within the Warren-Newport Public Library District are eligible to receive Early Learning Services through the Mobile Services Department.
· Early Literacy Visits: Regularly scheduled, monthly visits to your school. During these visits, a library staff member will present an interactive, skills-based, 30-minute storytime for students in 3- and 4-year-old classrooms. A deposit collection will be dropped off in conjunction with these visits.
· Book Deposit Collection: A collection of 50 items with a wide range of topics we think your students would enjoy. A deposit collection is maintained by library staff, meaning library staff will come to your school to exchange the deposit collection each month.
· Classroom Bundles: A selection of 15 items on a specified subject. Please remember that certain topics are seasonal and may have limited resources at certain times of the year. A classroom representative is responsible for picking up materials from and returning them to the library. Make your request here!
· Institute Accounts: WNPL offers Institute Accounts which enable staff at preschools and childcare centers within the library’s district to check out items and utilize the library’s digital resources for their students without using a personal account.
· Library Tours: An in-person, behind-the-scenes look at the library guided by a staff member. Schools are responsible for transporting students to and from the library.
If you are interested in receiving Early Learning Services, please contact the Mobile Services Department by filling out the form below or calling 847-244-5150, ext. 3014. We look forward to getting to know your students and bringing the library to you!
· Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots: WNPL circulates hotspots to patrons to support learning. These can be checked out for three weeks with renewals possible.
· E-Materials: Access e-books, e-audiobooks, and more with Hoopla and Libby with your WNPL library card.
· Online Databases: The library has many online resources that can help students, caregivers, and educators. Access these databases for free with a WNPL library card. Databases designed specifically for preschool students include:
Bookflix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic video storybooks with related non-fiction eBooks to help build a love of reading and learning. The books are intended for children in grades Pre-K through 3rd. Access for free by simply entering your WNPL card number.
PebbleGo is an online resource aimed at students from Pre-K to 6th grade. This database is packed with informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy supports for students of all abilities.
Would you like WNPL to join your open house or special event? We would love to visit! Please complete the Outreach Event Application and a staff member will contact you soon.