This spring, the Warren-Newport Public Library celebrates a world of flavors, in a variety of cuisines from around the world. March is National Nutrition Month, an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Inspired by this initiative, everyone is invited to learn about making informed food choices and developing healthful eating and physical activity habits, including foods from around the world. Enjoying different flavors of the world is a chance to learn more about your own food culture as well as other cultures that may be new to you.
- Explore the wide variety of cookbooks available in the library’s adult and youth collections, as well as magazines from the Quiet Reading Room collections. Spanish language cookbooks are also available.
- Grab your whisk and mixing bowl and join WNPL librarians online as they demonstrate fun recipes in the popular Kids in the Kitchen series on YouTube. (Some supervision or help is required!)
- Look for popular cooking and food-related magazines in the Digital Library of Illinois collections via the Libby app.
- Embrace your inner foodie with food and nutrition-related videos from Kanopy.
- Enjoy nutrition-based activities aimed at students from Pre-K to 6th grade in Pebble Go. This database is packed with informational articles, ready-made activities, and literacy supports for students of all abilities, and is available in both English and Spanish languages.