All fees may be paid by cash, check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard). The library does not accept $100 bills.
Contents for Fines and Fees
- 1 Article 1. Overdue Materials
- 2 Main library checkouts:
- 3 Bookmobile checkouts:
- 4 Article 2. Replacement Fees and Refunds
- 5 Article 3. Claims Returned
- 6 Article 4. Fees for Recovery and Collection Services
- 7 Article 5: Fees for Library Cards
- 8 Article 6: Fees for Copying and Printing
- 9 Article 7: Fees for Using the Public Fax Machine
- 10 Article 8: Fee for Returned Check
- 11 Article 9: Fees for Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- 12 Article 10: Blocked Patron Status
- 13 Article 11: Exceptions and Appeals
Article 1. Overdue Materials
Effective as of January 2, 2019, the Warren-Newport Public Library District (WNPLD) will no longer charge fines for overdue materials. However, borrowing privileges will be suspended and a patron will be billed a replacement fee and a $5.00 non-refundable processing fee if materials are not returned within an established time frame. This time frame is dependent on the location where materials are checked out.
Main library checkouts:
Borrowing privileges are suspended when materials are 2 weeks overdue. Patron is billed replacement and processing fees when materials are 4 weeks overdue.
- Borrowing privileges are suspended when materials are 6 weeks overdue.
- Patron is billed replacement and processing fees when materials are 7 weeks overdue.
Article 2. Replacement Fees and Refunds
Section 2.01 Replacement Costs
The charge for an unreturned, lost, or badly damaged item will be the replacement cost plus a nonrefundable $5.00 processing fee. The replacement cost of library materials is obtained from the bibliographic record. If the price of the item cannot be determined from the bibliographic record, an average replacement cost will be determined by the Library staff. If the staff cannot determine an average replacement cost, a flat replacement cost of $15.00 will be charged. Replacement cost for the loss or damage of an accessory will be determined by Library staff.
Section 2.02 Refunds
Refunds will be granted for the cost of lost materials if returned in good condition within six (6) months of the billing date. A refund check will be mailed from the WNPLD Administrative Office within four to six weeks. WNPLD staff will not make refunds in the Library.
Article 3. Claims Returned
The Library will accept a patron’s claim that materials have been returned for up to three (3) items. On the fourth and all subsequent times that a patron claims an item has been returned, the patron shall be liable for the cost of replacement of the item. All items claimed returned will remain noted on the patron’s record for as long as the patron is registered with the Library District. No item can be claimed returned after it is billed and assumed lost.
Article 4. Fees for Recovery and Collection Services
- Submission of overdue/missing materials to materials recovery service – $10.00 per submission
- Collection agency fees are nonrefundable.
Article 5: Fees for Library Cards
- Library card for new patrons – No charge
- Replacement of lost or damaged library card – $1.00 per card
Article 6: Fees for Copying and Printing
- B&W photocopies, computer printouts – $0.15 per page
- Color photocopies – $0.50 per page
Article 7: Fees for Using the Public Fax Machine
- Fees for using the public fax machine are set by the fax machine vendor and are subject to change.
Article 8: Fee for Returned Check
- Fee for check returned from the bank – Fee charged by the bank
Article 9: Fees for Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
- ILL items received at WNPL but not picked up by patron – $5.00 per item
- ILL fee charged to WNPLD by lending library – Amount charged by lending library
Article 10: Blocked Patron Status
- A patron is blocked from checkout when their fees equal or exceed $10.00.
Article 11: Exceptions and Appeals
Patrons may appeal charges to their accounts. Circulation staff members are granted authority to waive minor fee amounts within established department practices. Appeals of substantial fees must be directed to the circulation supervisor or designee. Substantial fee waivers granted by the library will be documented in the patron record. Excessive waiver requests will be referred to the Executive Director for review.