Warren-Newport Public Library has laptops available for in-library use only. To borrow a laptop during your visit, stop at the Adult Services desk.
Laptop checkout is subject to the following:
- Library patrons must be at least 18 years of age and present a current WNPL card in good standing (per WNPL Library Board policy 3023-Fines and Fees) as well as a valid Illinois Driver’s License or Illinois State-issued photo ID.The photo ID will be held by WNPL staff during the duration of the laptop checkout.
- Laptops are checked out for 2-1/2 consecutive hours and cannot be renewed. The checkout time begins when the laptop leaves the Adult Services desk and must be returned to the desk by the time due, or at least 30 minutes before the library closes, whichever comes first. WNPL reserves the right to reclaim a laptop that is not returned by the 2-1/2 hour checkout period.
- No laptops can be checked out 30 minutes prior to library closing.
- All WNPL laptops must remain in the library at all times. Failure to comply will be considered theft and reported to the police for prosecution.
- Patrons are subject to WNPL’s Library Board policies 3065-Technology Use by the Public and 3060-Standards of Public Conduct). Any violation of these policies may result in revocation of library privileges.