Warren-Newport Public Library District is seeking candidates for the April 6, 2021, Consolidated Election for the following positions:
- Three (3) Trustee Office Positions – 4 years full-term (2021-2025)
- One (1) Trustee Office Position – 2 years unexpired term (2021-2023)
Library trustees meet monthly to establish policies, approve and monitor the library budget, keep abreast of library law, and employ the Executive Director. To find out more about the current WNPLD Library Board of Trustees, click here.
As the library building is currently closed to the public, due to Tier 3 COVID mitigation procedures, Library Trustee candidates may file candidate petitions at the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 North O’Plaine Road, Gurnee, Illinois on the following dates and times:
- Monday, December 14, 2020, between 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m.;
- From Tuesday, December 15, 2020, through Friday, December 18, 2020, candidates should contact WNPLD Executive Director Ryan Livergood to make an appointment to submit the candidate’s documents (call 847-244-5150 x. 3101 or email at email@example.com);
- Monday, December 21, 2020, between 4:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
The lottery for all simultaneous filers will be conducted at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, December 22, 2020, in the McCullough Room of the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 N. O’Plaine Rd., Gurnee, IL.
Objections will be accepted at the Warren-Newport Public Library, 224 N. O’Plaine Road, Gurnee, Illinois, on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020, between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.;
- Wednesday, December 23, Monday, December 28, and Tuesday, December 29, 2020, candidates should contact WNPLD Executive Director Ryan Livergood to make an appointment to file objections (call 847-244-5150, x. 3101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Wednesday, December 30, between 4:00 p.m. and 5 p.m.
The 2021 Candidate’s Guide can be found on the Illinois State Board of Election website, www.elections.il.gov. Questions should be directed to the Illinois State Board of Elections at 312-814-6440 or to an attorney.