Warren-Newport Public Library offers services, programs, and resources to support elementary, middle, and high schools located within the library district boundaries.
· Book Discussion: A library staff member will lead a monthly book discussion at your school. A school staff member must be available to sponsor and host the group.
· Beyond Books Activity: A library-centered activity held in conjunction with an existing club at the school.
· Surprise Guest Reader: A library staff member will visit your classroom to read a book aloud.
· Library Field Trip: An in-person, behind-the-scenes look at the library guided by a staff member. Schools are responsible for transporting students to and from the library.
· Classroom Bundle: A selection of 15 age-appropriate items on a specified subject. Make your request here!
· Resource Table: Staff will represent the library at your school event with information about library programs and initiatives.
· Institute Accounts: WNPL offers Insitute Accounts which enable staff at schools within the library’s district to check out items and access online databases for their students without using a personal account.
· Voter Registration: WNPL will come to your school and offer on-site voter registration services for new voters.
· Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots: WNPL circulates hotspots to patrons to support learning. These can be checked out for three weeks with renewals possible.
· E-Materials: Access e-books, e-audiobooks, and more with Hoopla and Libby with your WNPL library card.
· Online Databases: The library has many online resources that can help students, caregivers, and educators. Access these databases for free with a WNPL library card. You can also find resources to help elementary school students here.
Warren-Newport Public Library serves the following schools and districts:
· Country Meadows Montessori School
· Gurnee School District #56
· Millburn Elementary School
· Newport Elementary School
· St. Patrick School
· Warren Township High School District #121
· Woodland School District # 50.
To connect with WNPL’s School Liaison, fill out the form below or contact the Youth Services Department at 847-244-5150, ext. 3064.
Warren-Newport Public Library welcomes opportunities to connect students, teachers, and families with library services. If you are interested in having the library at your school, please complete the form below and a staff member will contact you within 5 business days. We look forward to working with you!
Requests should be submitted a minimum of 30 days prior to the date of the event. Services are provided based on community need, library priorities, and the availability of staff and resources.