WNPL provides instruction on a variety of technology topics. If you need one-on-one assistance, please visit our Computer Tutor sessions for in-person assistance. Session dates and times are listed on our online calendar
If you are working on a project or prefer individual computer help, make an appointment with our Adult Services staff for Individual Computer Assistance. We can help you navigate the library’s online resources and teach you how to use Microsoft Office, Internet resources, email and more. For more information, please call Adult Services at 847-244-5150, press 4.
WNPL Tech Time Videos Available On YouTube:
- Broken Hearts & Empty Wallets: Online Dating Safety – Learn to identify and avoid fraudulent behavior in the online dating scene. This class includes resources for protecting yourself online in any situation.
- Introduction to Excel – This course covers spreadsheet construction and data entry, including creating simple tables and charts. Introduction to Excel and Excel tables handout.
- Introduction to Excel Formulas – Basic Excel Formulas & Functions – Join us for a tutorial on using formulas and functions in Excel. Introduction to Excel Formulas handout.
- Data Based: Free Online Education Resources @ WNPL – This course discusses subscription databases available for free with your WNPL card, including newspapers and online education resources.
- Google Drive Tools – Free, easy-to-use office productivity tools may sound too good to be true–but if you have a free Gmail account, then you already have access to Google Drive! In this episode, join us for a tour of several of these resources.
- 10 Tips for Using Microsoft Word – This class is an introduction to Microsoft Word 365, including basic formatting for documents.
- Using Libby for E-books & E-audiobooks – Learn how to check out digital E-books, E-audiobooks, and magazines from WNPL using Libby.
Want to learn more about computers and technology? Please visit our YouTube channel at WNPL Tech Time.
Here are the Computer Tutor’s handy guides that will help you become familiar with basic computer usage. These guides are available in PDF format only.
- Basic Word for Windows en español 2010
- Basic Word for Windows 2013
- Cut the Cable Essentials
- Digital Library of Illinois, Libby, and Overdrive App
- Intro to Excel 2013
- Excel and Excel Tables
- Excel Formulas
- Hoopla Instructions
- Hoopla en español
- Illinois Legal Forms
- Libby en español
- Online Privacy
- Teach Yourself Just About Anything