All residents of the Warren-Newport Public Library District are eligible for a library card. (Residency is determined by address within library district boundaries.) You may apply for a library card in-person at the Checkout Desk or online. Library cards are issued free of charge to WNPL residents and expire only upon moving out of our library district.
When applying online, you can receive a WNPL card number that allows you to place up to five holds on materials within our collections, as well as access wonderful online learning, reading and entertainment resources. In addition, WNPL is a fine-free library, so no worries about late fees if items are returned or renewed on a timely basis.
To sign up in person:
- Bring a photo ID and recent proof of your current address (for example, official mail or a bill dated within the last 90 days) to the main library.
- Check out items the same day!
To sign up online:
- Complete the online form and receive your temporary library card number after staff review your application.
- After receiving your WNPL card number, you will have access to the library catalog to place holds, and enjoy our wealth of digital resources.
- Within 14 business days, bring a photo ID and recent proof of your current address (ex. official mail or a bill dated within the last 90 days) to the main library and receive your permanent library card!